Reviewed 10 October 2022
Face mask requirements eased
In line with the easing of COVID-19 restrictions in the ACT, mask-wearing will be optional and at your discretion at SportsCare clinics from 10 October 2022, except for at the Bruce Clinic.
Bruce Clinic clients will continue to be subject to mask-wearing requirements when they are entering and leaving the Ochre Medical Centre due to our colocation with other healthcare providers. You may however remove your mask, at your discretion, whenever you are inside a SportsCare treatment room at the Bruce Clinic. Please consult with your clinician if you are unsure.
Clients are encouraged to ask their clinician to wear a face mask during their appointment if they wish for them to do so. Your clinician may also request you wear a mask while in their treatment room.
We will continue to maintain our hygiene and other COVID-safe measures across all clinic locations.
What we are doing in the clinics to help keep our community safe
- All eligible staff across all our clinics are vaccinated.
- Screening all clients prior to booking appointments.
- Wearing face masks during appointments at the client’s request.
- Disinfecting any contact surfaces or equipment between appointments.
- Using an air purifier at each clinic as another measure against the virus.
- Some group classes are online, while there are 30-minute one-on-one sessions for those who need them. Please contact your clinic for group class updates.
- Telehealth consultation options for high-risk patients, those in quarantine or isolation, and those who prefer to stay home.
- Social distancing provisions in our waiting rooms where possible.
What we are asking our clients to do
- Use the hand sanitiser available throughout your visit to maintain good hand hygiene.
- Practise social distancing rules where possible (1.5m apart).
- Contact your clinic for updates to group classes as some are online and some essential classes are now 30-minute one-on-one sessions for those who need them.
- Do not attend if you:
- Feel unwell;
- Are waiting for a COVID test result;
- Are in self-isolation;
- Live with or were exposed to someone who tested positive and is isolating; or
- Tested positive for COVID-19 and have not yet fully recovered.
- Please contact your clinic as soon as possible if you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment. Telehealth appointments are available across clinics.
- Ask your clinician to wear a mask during your appointment if you wish for them to do so.
We are encouraging our community to stay healthy with regular physical activity, adhering to COVID-19 restrictions and regulations, getting vaccinated if you’re eligible, and receiving treatment at our clinics as needed.
Refer to current COVID-19 information from the ACT Government.